The Steelers signed Igwebuike from the Falcons’ practice squad. Igwebuike was a standout for the Falcons during the preseason. The Falcons signed him to the practice squad following the final cuts. Atlanta quickly promoted him to the 53-man active roster for Week 1 against the Carolina Panthers.
Igwebuike was relegated back to the practice squad the following week. However, he was flexed to the game day roster to face the Green Bay Packers. The imminent return of Cordarrelle Patterson makes Igwebuike expendable. The Steelers are getting a good player.
Atlanta signed Carlos Washington to the practice squad to replace Igwebuike according to the same report. He was with the Falcons during training camp. However, he was on the outside looking in for a roster spot with Igwebuike’s strong showing.
Washington could find himself in a Falcons uniform on Sunday against the Detroit Lions if Patterson is inactive another week.
More on Washington according to his Atlanta Falcons bio:
- Played one season at Southeastern Louisiana University (2022) in Hammond, La. and three seasons at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, N.H. after redshirting in the 2017 season.
- Finished his collegiate career playing in 35 games where he totaled 394 carries for 1,928 yards (4.9 avg.) and 24 touchdowns. He also added 68 receptions for 472 yards (6.8 avg.) and one touchdown for the Lions and Wildcats.
- In his senior year in 2022, he played in all 12 games where he notched 147 carries for 715 yards (4.9 avg.) for Southeastern.
- In 2020, he posted 10 carries for 30 yards (3.0 avg.) in one game.
- In his sophomore campaign, he registered 138 carries for 601 yards (4.4 avg.) and three touchdowns in 11 games (seven starts) for the Wildcats.
- Led the team in rush attempts (138), tied for second in receptions (28) and gained 792 all-purpose yards.
- As a freshman in 2018, he played in 11 games (two starts) and recorded 99 carries for 582 yards (5.9 avg.) and six touchdowns. He added 17 receptions for 174 yards (9.6 avg.) and one touchdown.
- Led the team in rushes (99), rushing yards (582), rushing touchdowns (six), touchdowns (seven), points (42), kickoff returns (10), kickoff return yards (159) and all-purpose yards (905).